375 King Street West, Toronto, Canada
TAS Design Build/Lifetime Urban Development
GFA 244,292 sq.ft.
Located on King West, the design of this condominium takes its cues from the fabric of the urban core. The building has a loft warehouse podium on the first eight floors featuring 11 foot ceilings that mimic the warehouse vernacular of buildings in the area. Above the podium, another 26 floors rise up to create a slender tower with views in every direction.
The main feature of the building is a transparent, colourful skin element that rises from the second floor all the way up and over the tower to link the street with the body of the building. The south and west elevations have continuous balconies which act both as a outdoor feature and an energy conservation element of the tower.
- Best Practices Commissioning for all major mechanical equipment to enure that systems operate at optimum performance levels;
- Diversion of construction waste to reduce landfill loads;
- 6’ deep Private Terraces provide natural shading, keeping suites cool to conserve energy;
- Motion sensor lights;
- Low emissions flooring, sealants and adhesives;
- Energy Star™ appliances where applicable;
- Dual flush toilets;
- Low-flow shower-heads;
- Programmable thermostats;
- Individual Hydro and water metering;
- Water conserving faucets;
- Zero VOC emissions paint;
- Indoor air quality management;
- High efficiency Glass Curtain Wall;
- In-Suite Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV’s) to reduce energy demands;
- Rooftop rainwater retrieval and on-site water recycling;
- Water efficient landscaping;
- Mechanical at mid-point of building;
- Recycling tri-sorter to separate and dispose of waste;
- Autoshare™ membership with exclusive M5V vehicle available to homeowners 24/7.