We are always interested in adding talented members to our team. So, if you are a team player who enjoys a challenge, wants to learn on the job in a fun and positive atmosphere while working on a diverse portfolio of projects. Then join us!
If you’re interested in any of the positions currently available please send your resume and portfolio (not to exceed 20MB) to [email protected] links to electronic portfolios are also acceptable. We offer an attractive salary package with benefits commensurate with experience.
Canadian work experience an asset, candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Unless otherwise noted these are all full-time positions located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. No phone enquiries.
CORE is an equal opportunity employer and embraces a diverse working environment.
Architectural Technologist/Intern Architect (Junior & Intermediate)
CORE is seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented Technologist/Intern Architect in the Architectural Discipline. Candidate must have excellent communications skills, be fluent in AutoCAD 2020, Revit 2020 and Microsoft Office applications as well as have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. 3D Modeling would be advantageous.
Minimum 2 – 8 years of professional experience in architectural design with exceptional skills in the production and coordination of contract documents. Candidates must also have a thorough knowledge of building systems and detailing, with the ability to work independently, developing and coordinating contract documents and document checking.
Senior Project Manager
CORE is seeking an experienced project manager whose role will focus on guiding project teams through all phases of the design process; providing mentoring to junior staff on the development of excellent technical modelling and detailing skills and the application of local building code and zoning ordinances. You will also be responsible for client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, revenue projections and construction administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture Design
- Minimum of 10-15 years of industry experience
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, building codes construction and costs
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- AutoCAD and Revit skills required.
- LEED AP certification a plus
- Develop and execute contracts between the firm and its outside consultants and clients for services
- Create/monitor project schedules and budgets as determined by CORE
- Oversee and participate in the design and project delivery process. Coordinate with cross-discipline team members to ensure that everyone is on track with project requirements, deadlines and budgets
- Ensure that design reviews occur at the designated stages of projects
- Facilitate and issue additional service requests
- Responsible for leading and coordinating efforts of work done by the design team
- Submit project deliverables to the City and follow up until various approvals have been issued
- Enhance the work and careers of CORE teammates through continuous training, support and mentoring
- Able to manage several major projects while maintaining support for the design teams in the office
- Work with Principals to develop project design and maintain design intent throughout the life of the project
- Work with project planner/designer, Project Manager, Consultants, and Owner to develop project requirements (scope, program, etc.)
- Oversee planning, design development and production of working drawings and construction documents on a given project.
- Prepare and/or supervise preparation of architectural plans and specifications, consult and direct manufacturers and engineers, evaluate and select materials, review architectural features of structures in the field, and oversee construction administration
- Spearhead review and verify compliance with building codes and regulations
- Able to organize and manage in-house and external project teams
- Manage QA/QC throughout the life of a project with an emphasis on technical excellence, constructability, and value-engineering
- Ability to thoroughly understand and interpret Architectural Drawings and Specifications.
- Strong design ability to lead and develop residential design projects of various scales.
Junior Interior Designer
CORE Architects is seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic and detail-oriented Junior Interior Designer to join our rapidly expanding interior design studio. This is a full-time position with a focus on interior design projects within the residential, retail, hospitality and commercial sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from a recognized institution
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience in the design process, FF&E, specifications, colour selection and materials
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (minimum 2010), Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, Microsoft Office applications as well as a working knowledge of 3D Studio Max
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Exceptional graphics and presentation skills to communicate ideas including effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems with creative solutions
- Strong client management and leadership abilities
- Participate in the conception, design, and execution of projects in all phases of the interior design process (proposal, bidding and tender, construction, closeout)
- Assist with the development of innovative and functional design solutions and processes for improved design and quality
- Participate in the creation of the Concept Design, Schematic Design, and Design Development packages, proposals, bidding and tender packages, construction documents, and working budgets
- Ensure projects are on track to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Assist in the development of material and finish specifications
- Participate in the preparation of the sourcebook and assist with the coordination of the FF&E, interior architecture plans, finishes, and products with the Design Lead and client
- Contribute to the review of the design development packages, construction documents, and drawing packages for accuracy, design integrity, and code compliance
- Build lasting relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers, and staff