Working with the designs of upscale clothier Lacoste, CORE has been the Architect of Record on many spectacular new stores across Canada. To date, CORE’s retail team led by Partner Gabriela Estrada has completed work on 50+ various store types, including a two-storey Flagship exterior store located in the Montreal downtown core.
The stylish and hip brand is always evolving whether it’s the use of white acrylic, neon lights, colourful metals and stainless steel or more toned down materials such as wood, black metal and concrete panels to enhance their design concept. In addition to executing contract documents, CORE has developed meticulous details to highlight the modern design and has sourced a wide array of unusual and innovative materials on the Client’s behalf.
As time constraints often are factors in a project’s success, CORE was tasked to meet the set grand opening date for the Flagship store. With the importance of the Flagship store’s design, the time-sensitivity was challenged with the custom design concept simultaneously being developed not only during the design development phase but during the construction phase as well. Sourcing also provided some challenges as the Brand’s millwork concepts were originally foreign prototypes and needed to be replicated locally to cut down on lead times and costs. Without compromising on quality, CORE had to work diligently on keeping the communication flow with all parties and organizing the parts and pieces to execute the final store concept successfully.
- Prepare a project schedule
- Visit the site and take site photos
- Landlord communication
- Review Schematic Design for code and zoning compliance
- Prepare a Design Development package
- Act as the prime consultant to engineering consultants
- Issue a tender package to the contractor
- Vendor coordination
- Stamp the drawing package as Architect of Record
- Obtain a building permit
- Perform contract administration
- Perform payment certification
- Conduct periodic site visits for compliance/deficiencies
- Ordering FF&E package
- Bilingual Services